Monosole Music presents the third in a series of royalty free drum hits and drum breaks recorded directly to tape, mixed using analogue outboard gear, mastered onto a 12" dub plate. and finally sampled back off of the vinyl. This series aims to give you the sound and vibe of the open hits and breaks that crate diggers spend so much of their time searching for, whilst offering the cleaner pre-mastered files for those who prefer that sound.
Volume three contains 30 original 60's inspired drum breaks, ranging from 82 to 132 bpm. Recorded directly onto analogue tape using one overhead and one kick drum microphone. Mixed using analogue compressors and eq's and a spring reverb before being sent to a Neumann cutting lathe. Performed and engineered by Timmy Rickard.
tape to dubplate volume 3 - two mic breaks
- 30 original drum breaks
- 1960's Round Badge Drum Kit
- recorded direct to tape at 15ips
- captured using an AKG D12 and a Beyer M160
- powered by boutique transformer based preamps
- mixed using high quality analogue outboard equipment
- a real spring reverb
- mastered to a 12" vinyl dub plate at 45rpm
- sampled from vinyl using a roland sp404 sampler
- avaliable as 16bit 44.1kHz and 24bit 96kHz wav files
- pre vinyl mastered files included
- performed and engineered by Timmy Rickard