Monosole Music presents the first release in a unique new series of royalty-free drum hits and breaks.
This first volume is filled with 50 of the finest Turkish handmade cymbals and hi hat hits, each one recorded directly onto analogue tape, mixed through using analogue outboard gear, mastered onto a 12" dub plate, and finally sampled back off of the vinyl.
The result is the sound and vibe of the open hits and breaks that crate diggers spend so much of their time searching for.
The whole collection contains several types of cymbal hit; edge, bell, center, rolls and hi hat, and for those who prefer a cleaner drum sound, every sample is also provided in its original pre-dub-plate mix.
Mixed using analogue compressors and eq's stuffed with valves and transformers, before being sent to a Neumann cutting lathe. Performed and engineered with love by Timmy Rickard.
tape to dubplate volume 1 - cymbal hits
- 50 individual cymbal hits
- modern and vintage Turkish hand made cymbals
- separated in to center, edge, bell, roll and hi hat hits
- recorded direct to tape at 15ips
- captured using ribbon, dynamic and condenser microphones
- powered by boutique transformer based preamps
- mixed using high quality analogue outboard equipment
- mastered to a 12" vinyl dub plate at 45rpm
- sampled from vinyl using a roland sp404 sampler
- available as 16bit 44.1kHz and 24bit 96kHz wav files
- pre vinyl mastered files included
- performed and engineered by Timmy Rickard